Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Mixed games

Variety is the spice of life, and I deviated somewhat from my routine tonight. After dinner the first thing I did was plop down on the sofa and watch a movie. Talk about relaxing!

I was actually planning on taking the entire night off from poker, but after the movie I wasn't at all sleepy so I sat down in the only good $10/$20 game I could find at the time. Nothing too interesting happened, and the game broke after less than 20 minutes when the two biggest producers left.

There happened to be no particularly good looking $10/$20 games at the time, so I fired up a couple of tables of $0.50/$1.00 Omaha 8, and $0.25/$0.50 Crazy Pineapple 8. I know that these are extremely low stakes games and I am still very inexperienced in these styles , but I am actually starting to be more hopeful that I won't be over my head in the $10/$20 mixed game at the Wynn. My confidence is high enough now that I think that if there is at least 1 big donk at the table or 2-3 people that don't know the rules of all the games being spread, I should be able to break even (I mean 0EV in the theoretical sense). Yup, nothing like having a false sense of security to blanket yourself in...

I still have yet to put in any significant table time at Stud or Stud 8. I will definitely need to run these games for a few table hours before Vegas.

No comments: