Thursday, November 03, 2005

Don't be so smug you donk

After running fairly bad in mid October in the live $20/$40 game, I've had a number of consecutive sessions that ranged from break even to great results; i.e. monotonically increasing bankroll :P. The first few of those sessions I think I was making good decisions in marginal situations.

During my most recent session I sitting around feeling very happy. I was smiling and joking around since I was having a great session. However, I made several incorrect decisions in marginal situations. I didn't think too much about it at the time and just continued to sit around in my Homer Simpson-like state.

This was in a live game where I had time to think about how the action went, and because of the slow pace of play, I can still remember most hands after the session is over. Whenever I am having a bad session, I am immediately reviewing in excruciating detail what I (think I) did right and wrong. It should make no difference if I am having a good or bad session. I wonder how often this kind of thing is happening in my online play. I should go back and review my "good" online sessions. I should, but I probably won't. But I should.....

Hmmm, my discipline is increasingly becoming questionable. So much for trying to work on my psychological game.

I made (at least) 3BB of mistakes today, and those 3BB are gone. Gone forever.

No comments: