Friday, December 09, 2005

time management

I've been reviewing my results for the last few weeks, and overall I've been pretty stagnant. I could probably group my play into 5 categories:
i) live mid stakes LHE ($20/$40 -> $40/$80)
ii) live small stakes NLHE MTTs ($100 rebuy MTTs)
iii) online small stakes LHE ($2/$4 and $3/$6 Jackpot tables - speaking of which, the Party BBJ has crossed into that +EV range again so if it is not hit by the time I get back from Vegas, it will be BBJ madness again...)
iv) online mid stakes LHE (currently $10/$20)
v) online medium stakes NLHE MTTs ($100->$200 non-rebuy MTTs)

Gains and losses in one category are just being offset by gains and losses in other categories. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I would have had a down month in November had it not been for bonuses.

These are just the games that can have any substantial bankroll influences. I didn't include the very small stakes Omaha 8, 2-7 TD, Stud, and Razz games that I want to pick up. (both the table time and the reading time)

Do I have a lack of focus? By spreading my poker time over a large number of categories, it takes even more calender time to reach the "long term" in any particular area. I don't know if I'm been an honest evaluator of my poker skills, so long term results are something I am very anxious to see.
The main benefit of the diversity is to keep the games interesting. It is definitely a trade off though.

The only thing I can say for sure at this point is, there just aren't enough hours in the day for my poker hobby.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just another 22 hours before I'm sipping a Strawberry Julius in the Bellagio poker room. Woo hoo!

No comments: