Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Party till u cruise

Well it seems that Party has kicked off the promos to give out cruise packages for the Party PPM V for playing a ridiculous amount of hands in a very short period of time.

The current promo is for the first 30 VIP members who accumulate 25000 regular party points starting from midnight December 24. I strongly suspect that 30 people will hit this goal by Wednesday at the latest.

I'm not going to take a shot at this promotion simply because my status at Party is BLUE. I will have GOLD status on January 1st, and the GOLD level status of accumulating regular party points at double the normal rate is an absolute must for this kind of promotion. I would be shocked if any BLUE level member was able to obtain a seat from this promo.

Unfortunately, there are likely to be a substantial number of online pros that will also transition from BLUE to GOLD status on Jan 1.

The timing for this current promo would have been perfect for me as my wife is away visiting her family this week. I'm kicking myself for not bothering to at least have put my status to SILVER in the last quarter. On the other hand, if I had SILVER status I would probably squander time trying to accumulate enough points in a wasted effort. Oh well, I guess I can keep the MTT thing going.

It seems prudent to be ready for this type of promotion to be repeated fairly soon, and the preparations are probably:
1) keep at least 25k party points in your account
2) keep a sufficient bankroll available in your party account/neteller to safely 8 table $10/$20 6 max (600BB??)
3) pay attention since a promotion could start at any time (Party is absolutely terrible about making these annoucements widely known in a timely fashion)

No comments: