Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Busy

Been really busy the last few days due to the day job, so no time to post. There were a couple of comments on my last post that I didn't have a chance to respond to. Sorry!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I managed to make a decent comeback from my downswing of late last week, although I am still substantially stuck for ring games this month.

On a new note, I am starting to learn how to play Stud 8. It is really quite interesting learning how to play a new game, and I am starting at the lowest limits - $0.50/$1.00 (reading Ray Zee's Hi Lo split poker book during hands that I muck) and will try to work my way up.

When I play limit hold'em, I might finish a session up or down a couple of thousand $, and all I can think about is 2 or 3 BB that I left on the table. My mentality is substantially different when playing a new game. I was tickled pink with my first +$30 session. God know how many mistakes I made, but 30BB wow! It has been a long time since I had that kind of thrill.
Stud 8 is quite a swingy game, and it is just so much fun jamming on 6th and 7th streets when you've got a lock on one side and quite possibly the best hand for the other side.

On the other hand, the rate of hands dealt for Stud 8 is dreadfully slow. At some points, I am thinking this has to be the slowest table on the site; yet when I go to the lobby and check the hands/hr, the table turns out to be the fastest one.....

No comments: