Tuesday, August 09, 2005

"Hello brain, is anyone home?"

I'm finding that I am making a lot less obvious mistakes in my live limit game these days. Realistically, I'm surely making numerous mistakes in every session, but my opponents are not so kind as to give free feedback!

My main concern is that my learning curve is slowing down rapidly. I found that during my first 20 session hours at $20/$40, I would be picking up many new things from every session. The next 20, probably I would have one discovery or insight per session. Lately, I've been playing mostly on autopilot.

I'd like to keep learning, and I'm unsure of the best way to do this. I always try to discuss interesting hands with other players that I respect.

I think this might also be a good time to go back and re-read some books. Perhaps The Psychology of Poker, Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players, The Theory of Poker, Caro's Book of Poker Tells, etc...

No comments: