Wednesday, May 03, 2006

WSOP Schedule change

Harrahs today announced they are making schedule changes for the $50k HORSE event to facilitate television coverage. The event was changed from July 25-27 to July 12-14. The press release says the final schedule is on the WSOP web site, but naturally it hasn't been updated yet.

While it is all fine and dandy that the event will be getting TV coverage, the unfortunate thing for me is the logistical snafus this causes. Travel arrangements already made need to be changed (my dad already booked his flight down from Canada), vacation time from the day job needs to be rescheduled, and now multiple trips to Vegas are needed. Boo!

Ask me 6 months ago if I would have minded accomodating schedule changes before I had won any of these satellites, and I'm sure I would have heartily agreed. Funny thing about human nature in how people react differently if something they already have gets taken away or changed vs. if they never had the thing in the first place. (or maybe it is just me....)

I just hope this is the final schedule. I feel a bit foolish telling people the firm dates I had already detailed have changed, and would feel like a complete idiot if they change again....

The Main Event and the HORSE event were not being run concurrently (more like back to back), so I don't really understand why the schedule change was needed. :(

2 comments:

Fuel55 said...

Wanna back me in the HORSEY event Dave?

d said...

Hmmm, how about I sell you a piece of my action for a really big discount? :)